[PD] rewire with reason or logicpro 9

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Mon May 17 00:01:17 CEST 2010

Jack's a bit misleading here, wouldn't worry about it in OSX.
For midi connectivity, use the mac OS IAC protocol (root around in the settings, it's always an option with midi devices), if you set that up as midi output in PD then Logic and Reason will pick it up (from [noteout] and [ctlout] objects.
For audio connectivity I'd use Soundflower, have a look for it online, it's basically the same kind of thing, set it up as output in pd and as the audio driver in Logic (not sure about reason) then you'll need another copy of PD with Soundflower as it's input and your usual soundcard as it's output, and just connect both sides of [adc~] and [dac~] to each other. (Logic only allows one sound card as both input and output, so that's needed just to connect them up.
Hope this helps
Andrew