[PD] realtime chopping of a sound file

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 17 17:18:18 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 04:53:22PM +0200, PF wrote:
> i want to play a long sound file and while it is playing, be able to
> cut it in several parts that i later can load/play on tables.
> the way i would do it is to arbitrarily record stuff onto tables
> whenever i want to "cut" one of these sections.

If the file is played from a table, you could alternatively register the sample
locations that you are playing, which is much cheaper to do that copying around
table data.

Then later you can still save the sections with [soundfiler] by using the
"-skip" and "-nframes"  options with your registered numbers.

If the file you are playing is too big for a table and you are playing with
readsf~ or so, then you could still register locations. Alternatively just
record chopped sections with writesf~ and name files with numbers counting up
or so. Creating tables dynamically is a bit of a pain that I would avoid here.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__