[PD] realtime chopping of a sound file

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue May 18 08:19:51 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 03:33:38AM +0200, PF wrote:
> > If the file you are playing is too big for a table and you are playing with
> > readsf~ or so, then you could still register locations. Alternatively just
> > record chopped sections with writesf~ and name files with numbers counting up
>
> it will be quite large, so readsf~ might be the better way out.
> thanks, frank.
>
> > or so. Creating tables dynamically is a bit of a pain that I would avoid here.
>
> even if it's not perfect for this, i wouldnt mind if someone can point
> me to some examples of dynamic tables.

You create them with the "usual" dynamic patching approach: Send an
"obj"-creation-message to a subpatch-receiver like this:

 [obj 10 20 table tablename(

 [s pd-$0-subpatch]

 [pd $0-subpatch]

Replace "tablename" with for example "$1-tablename" and feed it with a number
to create more tables, probably you will also want to change the y-coordinate
accordingly to something like like 20*<tablenumber>.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__