[PD] Compressor in Pd

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue May 18 11:54:26 CEST 2010

Hi

On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 02:57 -0400, Alexandre Porres wrote:
> Hi, anyone know of any good patches or objects for compression in Pd?
> thanks

zexy comes with [limiter~]

I also tried to implement a compressor as an abstraction. You can either
download it here http://www.netpd.org/Dynlib (rcomp) and un-netpd-ize
it.  Or you can alternatively take the version included in pdmtl called
'fx.compressor~.pd'. It's in the svn-repos/abstractions/pdmtl.

Roman

P.S.: @pdmtl guys
It's plain wrong to have a wet/dry parameter for dynamic processing fx.
It just doesn't make sense at all to have the compressor output mixed
with the input signal (It not only doesn't make sense, it even adds
strange phasing effects, if the the dynamic processor uses a look-ahead
delay).
Can we agree on that? And if not, can we discuss this, so that we
finally can agree on that?