[PD] pix_flip with pix_filmm in Gem

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 18 15:21:34 CEST 2010

On 2010-05-18 14:55, Albena Baeva wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm still in the begining with pd and i'm trying to figure it out how to
> flip the image with pix_film/movie or video. There is this object [pix_flip]
> which would do me a great job if only it would woreked with pix_film, but it
> works only with image. I need somtheing like a mirror effect, so

[pix_film] produces "pixes" (aka images, pixel-data,...) just like
[pix_image].
thus, [pix_flip] works with [pix_film] (and [pix_video],...)

of course, you have to apply any pixel operation before [pix_texture] in
order to see them.

however, [pix_flip] will use your slow CPU and your slow main memory.

> unfortunatley rotate and translate don't do this. Any idea?

depending on your geometry, you can use [rotate].
or try to set a negative size (or scale, which is the same)
or use texture-coordinates.

all these things should use your fast GPU and your fast gfx-card memory
(that is: if they are fast)

fgmasdr
IOhannes