[PD] Guitar Pitch tracking in pd

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Wed May 19 10:57:59 CEST 2010

Hi,
you might be interested in try out C::ntr::l at
http://cntrl.sourceforge.net/
There is also a preset for guitar.
Pitch tracking is technically a bit rough though, but I think it could be a
good basis, maybe you can modify it as you prefer (i.e. extract only the
pitch tracking subpatches and try to make it more precise).

If you intend to do so, please write me off-list and I'll be glad to help
you surfing the guts, patching style is not that clean.. I made that last
year..

> Message: 7
> Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 12:18:37 -0400
> From: "Pagano, Patrick" <pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu>
> Subject: [PD] Guitar Pitch tracking in pd
> To: "pd-list at iem.at" <pd-list at iem.at>
>

> Hi
>
> I have a project proposal that wants to track pitches from a guitar
> [non-midi] and then translate them into tablature that is readable by
> players. I was looking at fiddle and wondering perhaps if processingmight be
> of a help but I am posting her to hopefully get some pd feedback and perhaps
> a few ideas for implementing this project. Has anyone tried this kind of
> pitch tracking in pure data?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> pp
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/attachments/20100518/f6df6a1f/attachment.htm

> End of Pd-list Digest, Vol 62, Issue 94

Marco Donnarumma aka TheSAD
Independent New Media Arts Professional, Performer, Teacher - Edinburgh, UK

PORTFOLIO: http://marcodonnarumma.com
LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net
EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net