[PD] Turning off DSP crashes Pd

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Wed May 19 10:48:05 CEST 2010

Hi Pedro,
my students who'd got Max installed on mac were experiencing weird
behaviours in Pd.
It turned out that Pd and Max shared some file system with the same name.

However I'm not sure this could address your issue too, and my Pdguts
knowledge is not so advanced to explain or give a solution to the problem.
sorry,
somebody can confirm weird conflicts between the two?

Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 22:58:37 +0200
> From: Pedro Oliveira <pedroliveira at gmail.com>
> Subject: [PD] Turning off DSP crashes Pd
> To: pd-list at iem.at
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having this problem with Pd, this started today with no reason.
> Yesterday I was using Pd with no problems but today everytime I turn the
> DSP
> off, it crashes. Actually, everytime I go to some audio settings turns out
> that Pd crashes, even with no patches loaded. This is weird.
>
> I'm using Pd-extended with no changes at all, running under Mac OSX 10.5.8
> .
> The only recent change I made in my computer so far was that I installed
> MAX/MSP.
>
> Does anyone know what it might be?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> --
> Pedro Oliveira
> www.partidoalto.net
> soundcloud.com/iburiedpaul
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/attachments/20100518/21d8bbdc/attachment.htm

> End of Pd-list Digest, Vol 62, Issue 96

Marco Donnarumma aka TheSAD
Independent New Media Arts Professional, Performer, Teacher - Edinburgh, UK

PORTFOLIO: http://marcodonnarumma.com
LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net
EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net