[PD] ezdac~ GOP - how it works???

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri May 21 10:39:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 02:26:38AM -0400, Alexandre Porres wrote:
> hey, I just saw this ezdac~ object on Pd-Extended... I guess it is supposed
> to be related to MAX's object, right?

Kind of: I took the name and the idea of a dac~ with GUI, but I don't really
know Max.

> Anyway... I open it up and I dont understand how it is possible for it to
> gaph on parent like that!

There are many iterations of ezdac~ in the wild. The oldest one used the
old GOP implementation of Pd, which didn't have the red rectangle area
that now is used in Pd. At that time, the whole canvas was GOP and was
scaled in a very convoluted way. As soon as you save this ezdac~, it
will be converted to the new GOP implementation and you'll have to move
the GUI objects manually into the rectangle.

Ciao
--
Frank