[PD] [soundfiler] -nframes not working, -maxsize weird behaving

patko colet.patrice at free.fr
Wed May 26 15:19:11 CEST 2010

----- "IOhannes m zmoelnig" <zmoelnig at iem.at> a écrit :

> On 2010-05-26 13:15, patko wrote:

> > error: soundfiler_read: truncated to 2000 elements
> >
> > 2000 is the maxsize argument
>
> so what's the problem?

 I might add several other algorithms to avoid this,
like using a temporary table, but
just truncating directly from soundfiler looks very simple,
gain of patching time,
maybe I shouldn't pay so much attention to error messages...?

 I thought that using -skip and -nframes would just extract the part I want,
without complaining. But even with reading the sources, I could not really get
 how to use this option, or if it works.

 In other words, is there a way to do it (extract a sample from a soundfile) without getting error messages?