[PD] Test for html documentation from *-help.pd file

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed May 26 17:39:51 CEST 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010, Jack wrote:

> Here two screenshots from a patch 'rectangle-FR-help.pd' (for help in
> french about [rectangle] from GEM) and its 'automatic' equivalent in
> PHP/HTML.

My question is : how do you make that conversion ? because that conversion
is based on assumptions, and those assumptions may not be portable between
the different conventions for making help patches (various different PDDP
templates, the GFDP system, Miller's help, GEM's help, etc)

> Do you think it is interresting to keep an online documentation always
> update from the '*-help.pd' file ?

It's good to the extent that it makes things searchable on google and
stuff.

> I keep in mind a Mathieu's remark I think it is true/good : "it is
> better and more simple to make the help directly in the help-patch"
> (Mathieu, I hope it is a good translation ! ;).

Je me souviens pas d'avoir dit ça de même.

You should check your citations. For my lines, it's easy, I only used
email and IRC, no voice. Then I probably was explaining why. I don't
especially like my opinions to be quoted without their explanations. I
don't tend to value opinions without justifications.