[PD] microphone cleaner advice

Yu Lao noise.now at gmail.com
Thu May 27 19:37:08 CEST 2010

First "noisy mic" doesn't mean anything, you need to listen and describe the
noise to understand it. broadband or narrow band? periodic or
intermittent? hum? crackles?
And I'm not trying to be funny but I would really eliminate the noise before
the signal hits Pd. If it is for live input you can't really use an fft
based noise reducing process and filtering out parts of your signal only
makes the sound even worse. There are no noisy mics, perhaps yours is broken
and you need to replace it. A reasonable dynamic mic doesn't cost a lot, so
do quality soldered cables.

Jurgen