[PD] missing objects in Pd Extended

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu May 27 22:17:12 CEST 2010

Ricardo Lameiro escribió:
> As far as i know, not all the externals are enabled by default on
> pd-extende, maybe try to do [import mrpeach] and see if it works, other
> way you can do it is choosing the folder of the external you want on
> file -> startup and add the name of the folder with the external you
> want, this way it will always load on startup

Well in the case of MrPeach and nsend I am actually missing the files.
In the MrPeach directory I have got no tcpsocketserver.dll file (I have
and can create other objects such as tcpserver, routeOSC, etc).

In the case of nsend, indeed i've just realised that they are all
abstractions, not externals, and that nsend is not in the startup list.
This explains that when I open nsend-help.pd with the help browser, it
cannot find nsend.pd which is not in the doc folder.

There is one crazy thing though. Even if I open nsend-help.pd from the
extra/nsend folder, where there _is_ a nsend.pd abstraction file, the
instances of [nsend] within the patch don't create!!!!

I don't especially need [nsend], I don't even know what it is for; i was
just browsing through the help patches and noticed that I often miss
some object....

Thanks
m.

--