[PD] wii controller

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Fri May 28 18:59:17 CEST 2010

Simon Cossar wrote:
> Hello list - I'm trying to control pd (0.41.4) with a wiimote and nunchuk. I'm routing the wiimote through Osculator, then using [import mrpeach] [udpreceive 9000] [unpackOSC] and a series of routeOSC objects. With Osculator running, the graphics in the main pd window slow right down - it becomes difficult to create objects, make connections etc. There is a fairly long lag in the signal from the wiimote. Is there anything obvious that I'm doing wrong?

Probably the data is coming in too fast for Pd's GUI to keep up.
I would find out how many messages are arriving per second and see if it
needs to be that fast.
Usually making the patch window as small as possible will reduce the
amount of updating needed, also reducing the number and/or size of
graphic elements that respond to incoming messages.
Using [print] to display reams of incoming data will usually lock up the
GUI, although you will eventually (many minutes later) regain control if
you stop the source.

Martin