[PD] noise~ inlet?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Sat May 29 18:29:33 CEST 2010

Martin Peach escribió:
> Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sorry for the stupid question, but does [noise~]'s inlet have any use?
>
> No. There is nothing in the code to handle anything arriving on that inlet.
> Also there is no way to change the random sequence -- it's the same
> every time.
> So with a teeny bit more code, the inlet could potentially be used to
> initialize to a different starting point, but it would not change the
> sound, except for example if you were multiplying two [noise~]s.

Yeah, it would be interesting to have the ability to seed the random
generator.

Now, just out of curiosity: is there some reason why all dsp objects
must have at least an inlet even if it is "useless"?
[adc~] also has one inlet that I don't think accepts any method.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com
http://www.matteosistisette.com