[PD] loading an .aif file into an array

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon May 31 12:36:03 CEST 2010

On May 31, 2010, at 8:31 AM, Derek Holzer wrote:

> Try:
>
> "list camilocadavid/Secuencias/Bajo_fiesta1 80.aif"
> |
> [l2s]
> |
> "read -resize $1 Bajo"
>
> but really your life will be much easier when you rename your files so that they do not have spaces in the filenames.

I respectfully disagree. Pd is not a very good "swiss army knife" if there isn't an easy way to handle spaces in filenames!
Luckily there is [l2s], etc and I've been using it to work with files and dirs with spaces for some time now.

I hope you don't suggest this as the solution to new pd users, I'm sure it doesn't give a very good impression ...

I made a quick tutorial and I want to add a section to the pd floss manual. I created an account, but how do I add a page?
I was thinking a page called "Dealing with filenames" etc would work under the Dataflow section. I can also put info about relative versus absolute paths.

Whenever questions like these come up, I think we should always add info to the pd-info wiki or the floss manual if we have a little time. Shared knowledge and all that jazz ...

> If your objective is just to load the AIFF, why not use
>
> "bang"
> |
> [openpanel]
> |
> "read -resize $1 Bajo"
>
> ???
>
> Best,
> Derek
>
> On 5/31/10 3:00 AM, Camilo Cadavid Corredor wrote:
>> [rc-filename] doesnt exist in my Pd. it is the extended 0.41.4 version.
>> Is this an object?
>> I still havent been able to upload an .aif file... I also tried the sugested:
>> "list camilocadavid/Secuencias/Bajo_fiesta1 80.aif Bajo"
>> |
>> [l2s]
>> |
>> "read -resize $1"
>> well, after I created the 100 size Bajo named array, these comands didnt fit the file into the array.
>> My main objective is to simply load an .aif to play with it.
>> I appreciate your help.
>
> --
> ::: derek holzer ::: http://macumbista.net :::
> ---Oblique Strategy # 204:
> "What do you do? Now, what do you do best?'"

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com
robotcowboy.com