[PD] loading an .aif file into an array

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon May 31 18:40:01 CEST 2010

On Sun, 30 May 2010, Camilo Cadavid Corredor wrote:

> [rc-filename] doesnt exist in my Pd. it is the extended 0.41.4 version. Is this an object?
> I still havent been able to upload an .aif file... I also tried the sugested:
> "list camilocadavid/Secuencias/Bajo_fiesta1 80.aif Bajo"
> |
> [l2s]
> |
> "read -resize $1"
> well, after I created the 100 size Bajo named array, these comands didnt fit the file into the array.

there was a mistake in those commands. Bajo is not to be part of the
filename, so it should go in the last message box :

"list camilocadavid/Secuencias/Bajo_fiesta1 80.aif"

[l2s]

"read -resize $1 Bajo"

I thought I had corrected that already (and that someone else also did)

> My main objective is to simply load an .aif to play with it.

If you want to load a file without any fuss you just don't put spaces in
the name...