[PD] pdj - problems installing

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Wed Jun 2 07:27:08 CEST 2010

Hmmm... I have not used pdj recently, but on my system the pd path had
to be set to the "dist" directory of the pdj package.  This is where
pdj.pd_linux is located, too.  I am stuck on version 0.8.6, however,
YYMV.  Keep in mind that pd's search path is not recursive.  However,
on my system, the help class is instantiated by [pdj help_class] (note
the underscore).

in pdj.properties, the only thing you will want to set is
pdj.classes-dir to the place where you intend to store your java
source code, especially if you keep the pdj directory (and therefore
its classes directory) in some place not accessible by a normal user
(as is your case right now).

On the other hand, why not simply set pd path to the pdj/dist
directory rather than copying it to /usr/lib/pd/extra?

Hope some of this helps.

./MiS

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Kim Cascone <kim at anechoicmedia.com> wrote:
> I successfully compiled the pdj lib
> placed the whole dir in the /usr/lib/pd/extra dir
> set a path to it in pd-extended
> tried to open a help file for the 'help class' and got
> a red outline around the [pdj help class] external
> and this error in the console:
>
> pdj help_class
> ... couldn't create
> pdj: unable to use the JVM specified at pdj.JAVA_HOME
> pdj: using JVM from the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> error: pdj: libjava.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
> pdj help_class @attr1 10
> ... couldn't create
> tried text-help.pd and failed
> tried /usr/lib/pd/doc/5.reference/text-help.pd and succeeded
>

> I'm reading through the 'pdj.properties' file but not sure of what to modify
>
> any help is appreciated!
> ??
>
> :)

./MiS