[PD] many DVI ports with Debian/Ubuntu and Gem

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Jun 3 23:07:57 CEST 2010

The screens we are currently specing are 1080p, so each output should
be able to do 1080.  The idea is to have 10 contiguous screens all in
a line show one Gem space.  They can show up on the computer as
contiguous or separate screens, that doesn't matter, I can handle the
difference in Gem.  I think it might be easier to have them show up as
separate screens.

I can break it up across multiple computers if that's easier, I'm
mostly trying to reduce the expense.  I am just showing images, so not
heavy on the CPU/GPU.

.hc