[PD] many DVI ports with Debian/Ubuntu and Gem

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 09:19:35 CEST 2010

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I am looking into doing a 10 screen installation using Pd/Gem.  I'd like
> to run it on as few computers as possible.  Anyone have any
> recommendations for Debian or Ubuntu setups that can have like many DVI
> ports in one computer?

I've done 2x Nvidia cards for 4 DVI screens, could possibly add more, but often
it's cheaper or easier to use a network of cheaper computers that can run 1 or 2
screens with media locally stored, esp if the projectors or screens are not at
the one location. Ethernet is much cheaper and easier to run than DVI links.

Simon