[PD] Megapolis Festival Documentation/ Education with Pd

patrick mcnameeking pmcnameeking at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 18:37:30 CEST 2010

Hello List -
I gave a workshop on using Pd at this year's Megapolis Audio Festival in
Baltimore, MD.  I created a patch that was meant to be used as a launch-pad
to get people patching as quickly as possible.  This is my first attempt at
doing something like this, but I would really like to further the idea of
creating self-contained introductory patches that get people excited about
Pd.  I think that this could be a great tool for one-day workshops in
schools or at conferences where people have the interest in, but not
necessarily the background in sound and/or programming.  My idea with this
patch was to have some examples of different ways to make sound, an
easily accessible reference chart, and then a sub-patch containing a whole
bunch of ready-made objects for people to copy/paste and string together.
 The hope was that eventually people would break down the objects I created
in order to figure out their inner workings.  Some of that started to happen
at Megapolis but the workshop was fairly short and we had covered a lot of
material.
Feedback on the patch as well as ideas on this type of workshop would be
greatly appreciated!
Pat

http://megapolisfestival.org/

--
'Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow.'