[PD] SSSAD Source?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jun 5 10:43:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 10:56:33AM -0700, Ryan Trigg wrote:
> Frank, thanks for the reply, but despite being quite apt at programming in
> Pd, I don't even know the first thing about real programming and dealing
> with source code.

You don't need to use a special software to download from the Subversion
repository on sourceforge. This page:
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/abstractions/footils/sssad/
also has a link to a "Download GNU tarball", which is just a zipped
(or rather "tarred") archive of sssad.

> Is there an easy way to turn source code into a Pd
> object?  P.S. I guess when I said "source" I meant a location on the
> internet where I could click to download the object then start using it
> instantly.

Yes, I meant it in this way as well. sssad is completely written "in
Pd", so its "source code" is just a bunch of Pd files. Apart from
putting it somewhere into your Pd patch, there's nothing you need to do.
It's should be included in Pd-extended as well.

Ciao
--
Frank