[PD] Pd~ object under windows - 'can't create'

saint saintidle at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 18:13:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm using Pd vanilla version 0.42-5 under windows xp. I'd like to try out the pd~ object to try and max out both cores of my Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 whilst using a heavy patch (lots of bsaylor's partconv~'s)...

I can't get pd~ to load - it always comes up 'can't create'. Nor will it work in when I open the help patch for the pd~ object.

Is there something I'm missing? I've noticed that there's no 'pd~.dll' in the pd~ folder. But surely it should run straight with what's downloadable from Miller's site?

Thanks in advance as always,

John.