[PD] 64-bit build (was Re: [PD-announce] Pd-extended 0.42.5 release candidate 1 released!)

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 19:17:20 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>wrote:

> On Jun 5, 2010, at 6:39 AM, Laurent WILLKOMM wrote:
>
>  Am 2010-06-04 20:16, schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:
>>
>>> Ok, its finally time to start the release process of Pd-extended 0.42.5
>>> with the release of 0.42.5-rc1, available now!  There are of course many
>>> bug fixes and additions, here are some highlights:
>>>
>>>  * fixing Graph-On-Parent GUI bugs
>>>  * complete 64-bit support for GNU/Linux
>>>

>> This is great!
>> Currently there is only a 64-bit version for Ubuntu jaunty in the builds,
>> will there be more?
>>

> If people with other 64-bit systems make builds, there will be :)  The
> builds that are posted are all the machines that people have setup for
> builds.  The Jaunty/64-bit machine is run by Andras Muranyi, for example.

A propos... i'm thinking about an upgrade to Lucid. I'd appreciate some
input on my concerns please:
- Is 64-bit Lucid stable enough? (Usually 64 bit Ubuntus become stable a bit
later than 32-bit ones)
- Would you people want a regular Lucid build rather than a Jaunty one? (ie.
are most of you on Lucid already?)

Andras