[PD] Recreating sampled sound with variations

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 6 10:36:53 CEST 2010

Firstly, I'd use an abstraction, see if you can give it arguments to control playback speed. (either relative into a [phasor~], with a timed pitch envelope or absolute via a list), and either a global sent telling all of this abstraction to start or some form of random distribution at high speed triggering a clap each time.
Remember: most sends (such as [s foobar]) will be received by any open patch.$0 sends (say [s $0-foobar]) will only work within a single abstraction, this helps if you have multiple examples of the same abstraction open and wish to use sends inside them.
As for someone having done it before... They probably have, but it's always more satisfying to make your own patch, also it usually turns out unique to you. That's one of the great things about PD, sound and vision of your very own.
Andrew