[PD] Patch Tracker WAS no reverb or delwrite~, delread~ working with -nogui onUbuntu 10.04

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 6 18:59:58 CEST 2010

What does your abstraction do?

-Jonathan

________________________________
From: Jack <jack at rybn.org>
To: Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com>
Cc: brandt at subnet.at; Ingo Scherzinger <ingo at miamiwave.com>; Roman Haefeli <reduzierer at yahoo.de>; pd-list <pd-list at iem.at>
Sent: Sun, June 6, 2010 12:24:00 PM
Subject: Re: [PD] Patch Tracker WAS no reverb or delwrite~, delread~ working with -nogui onUbuntu 10.04

Le samedi 05 juin 2010 à 23:02 +0200, Dan Wilcox a écrit :
> Here's my try for this case:
>      * problem: the help system is not consistent or effective in how
>        information is formatted and displayed
>      * possible requirements:
>              * help files as patches (more intuitive)
>              * each object's arguments, inlets, and outlets should be
>                clearly explained
>              * meta information should be encoded to allow a keyword
>                searching system to index help patches
>              * each library should contain the author's contact
>                information
>      * time frame for a resolution: 3 months

I agree.
In possible requirements, i will add :
- help file (as patches) should be accessible by a web site to embed it
in a web page (like Pd Flossmanual). Therefore the help (on the web)
should be always up to date.

I have developped a PHP script for this problem (I can share this script
with the GEM rectangle object). It only needs a very simple pure Pd
abstraction. I have to revise the layout.
We need to work together (with motivated people) to define this help
because there are other good ideas.
++

Jack