[PD] MIDI In-to-Out Latency

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Sun Jun 6 19:08:27 CEST 2010

Looks like there are some problems with the soundcard drivers.
I'm running very heavy patches with 3 ms. Both on Windows XP and Ubuntu.
Audio and MIDI.
However, on Windows I am using a RME HDSP card which has very good ASIO
drivers. Don't forget to set system options to "background tasks" (very
important!).
I also noticed that in general Intel CPUs are pretty bad for Pd since they
use hyperthreading which makes Pd see two CPUs and uses only 50% of one
core. AMDs are twice as efficient because Pd uses the entire core.

Ingo