[PD] Recreating sampled sound with variations

Joey Ma joeyma at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 00:39:34 CEST 2010

Hey, thank you so much for your reply!

For some reason the patch(es) does not work at this point because I don't
have the objects range & arraysize. I assumed that you're using Pd-Extended,
which made me realize I might have another problem... I still don't have the
objects, and this is what it says in the log:

[import] $Revision: 1.2 $
[import] is still in development, the interface could change!
compiled against Pd version 0.41.4

instead of all the loading of externals on start. Is it difficult to make
the same patch in Pd vanilla? I mainly work in Pd vanilla, and I think I
should stick with it and try to figure out what's wrong with my Pd-extended
later...

Well, anyway, I tried to decipher your code, feel free to correct me if I'm
wrong. I see your way of starting & controlling sequence, which is very
clever and nice. I don't know what [range] does.It seems that [makefilename]
simply turns the number/symbols into symbols for use of a series of
filenames, and I see that the abstractions are receiving bangs as the
filenames are made and sent, also very nice, but I don't understand the why
the [sel 1] as there's error: inlet: expected '' but got 'bang'. I get a
feeling that [arraysize sample] should just tell me what is the arraysize
(or sample number) for the array "sample", but the expr tells me that it's
probably a variable number.

Much thanks again! I'll just keep trying...
- Joey