[PD] live-connection pd and textfile?

Funs Seelen funsseelen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 03:17:45 CEST 2010

Hello pd,

Wouldn't it be nice to live-connect between the textfile and pd? For example
typing text like <#X connect 0 0 1 0;>, execute (like <enter> in
Supercollider) to let pd show up the connection. And vice-versa creating and
object in pd that becomes immediately visible in the textfile. As far as i
know it's not possible but please tell me if I'm wrong. I guess this would
offer opportunities for live-coding purposes, especially when objects also
would be ranged statically by your own given arguments (numbers and/or
strings, whatever). Different objects with the same (part of the) argument
could then be connected to another object or group of objects typing only
one short line of text. I read <iemguts> offers some patching possibilities
with the [canvas*]-objects, but I haven't figured that out yet. I'll
probably try to soon.

Kind regards,

Funs