[PD] Question About Arrays

Jim Aikin midiguru23 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 7 05:28:23 CEST 2010

I've created an array with a size of 50 data points. I'm using a
tabwrite object to send it new values.

When I right-click on the array and choose Properties, I get a dialog
box (Canvas Properties) in which I can set the X range and Y range. I
have set the Y range from 120 to 20. Yet when I send values outside of
this range to the array, the canvas cheerfully draws the data points
outside of the box. The object does not limit the input values to the
specified range.

Is this user error on my part, or are the array object's Y boundary
parameters just ignored by Pd?

--Jim Aikin