[PD] More Questions about Documentation

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 06:23:23 CEST 2010

Hi Jim,
     The manual is separate from the help patches.  You can find it using the <ctrl-b> browser, or online at:
http://www.crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html.

The "Put" menu array that you are right-clicking is actually a graph, and a graph
is a type of canvas.  So when you choose "Help" you're getting canvas-help.pd, and on top of that, only
one type of canvas is documented there: [table].

If you want the help patch for arrays, you can either:
a) download my revisions of the pd docs at:
http://puredata.info/Members/jwilkes/doc/at_download/file
After you extract it you can just look in the 5.reference folder and find array-help.pd.  Also check the link
to all_about_arrays.pd.  Or if you want you can copy all the stuff inside doc/doc/ and put it in your pd doc
folder-- then you can get my revisions when you right-click "Help" for an object.

b) use the current help docs, right-click on your graph and choose "Open", move the mouse over the
black line that represents the array elements, position the pointer so that the arrow turns backwards, keep
the mouse still, right-click and choose "Help," read the console message that says "Sorry, couldn't find
help patch for array.pd," then go to step "a" above.

Let me know if you found my revisions helpful, or if there's missing/wrong information you come across.

-Jonathan