[PD] SSSAD source?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jun 7 09:43:24 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 11:20:45PM +0200, András Murányi wrote:
> My old sssad from s-abstraction had [presetstore], [namedstore], and
> [datastore], as well as [auto] and [panel]

These never were part of sssad. They are part of Chris McCormick's
s-abstractions. [sssad] is meant to be a very basic tool to collect
preset data. sssad itself doesn't even store this data, that's up to
everyone else to do. Check the help file or examples for some ideas how
to do it, but sssad is deliberatly leaving all this out. It's just a
base for any preset system dealing with the problem how to collect and
distribute preset data inside of a patch. (Being such a base it's a pity
that it was excluded it from pd-ext, but that's not my business.)

> but these not present in this new
> one, and if i put the old missing abstractions into the new sssad they do
> not cooperate. I guess the whole sssad has change too much internally since
> [presetstore] et al had been made.
> Can someone give me some advice? Eg. can i get the functionality of
> [presetstore] with the newer sssad?

The newer sssad is backwards-compatible, so you could just replace the old
with the new objects.

Ciao
--
Frank