[PD] Where is the object reference documentation?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 09:59:24 CEST 2010

On Jun 7, 2010, at 6:33 AM, Jim Aikin wrote:

> On 6/6/2010 8:42 PM, Funs Seelen wrote:
>> Typing "pure data object list" in google leads you straight to the flossmanual, which contains useful documentation about pd (and other Free-Licensed-Open-Source-Software), including object-lists. For not all existing libraries are in pd-extended probably not all existing objects will show up on the list. Which objects you're able to use depends on the version you installed and which external libraries you've loaded.
>
> Thanks for the tip. However, the array object (which I doubt is in one of the extended libraries) is not shown in the flossmanual list of objects. Nor do the items in the list on that site link to any sort of documentation of the objects that _are_ listed.

Create an account on FlossManuals and update the list of objects. Don't worry, someone will check your changes in case you get anything wrong. It can't take more then 10-15 mins and the problem is fixed.

Feel free to update this page as well. If you find a bug or missing information in a help patch, file a bug report here: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=55736&atid=478070

> I love free, open-source software. What I don't love, not even a little tiny bit, is the _documentation_ for free, open-source software.

I agree completely. However, it takes quite a lot of concerted effort to build a good help system. After the initial learning curve, the existing setup has been *good enough* over the years but work is going on to update and address these issues. Check out Jonathan's work in this area.

Once again, we need your help to do this.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com
robotcowboy.com