[PD] Where is the object reference documentation?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jun 7 10:25:12 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 08:05:23PM -0700, Jim Aikin wrote:
> Now that I have real-time MIDI working, I'm eager to start putting
> together the patch I need. But ... where is the documentation that
> lists the available objects? Once I know what object I want, I can
> create it and then right-click on it to open an information window
> for that type of object. But where's the complete list of objects?

Right-click (or click whatever you click to get the little menu) on a
patch's background and select Help. This opens
"doc/5.reference/help-intro.pd" which in Pd vanilla lists all vanilla
builtin objects, clickable for further help.

Listing "all available objects" including externals and abstractions is
a bit tricky as this list is changing all the time. For example it
should also include all the *.pd files in your current working directory
which changes everytime you save a new pd file there.

Ciao
--
Frank