[PD] Pd exhibition WAS: Google Summer of Code 2011 - exhibition submission

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 7 12:09:42 CEST 2010

> Then, of course, people should add more things to the exhibition.
> Here's how:
> http://puredata.info/docs/sitedocs/AddingToTheExhibition

If you want material to be added to exhibition, I don't think the current
submission process is a very effective one. One practical example: me and
Servando Barreiro played on a 40min audiovisual laptop performance some
weeks ago, with very good public reaction. But, I think there wasn't any
"affiliated" pd user in the audience, or at least not any one that is
involved in the "community". That means, this project will never make it
to the exhibition, because it's gone now.
Also, there are some local groups of people doing pd, but there aren't to
my knowledge many activities of "pd groups" - and people who even know
this page, or care enough to go through the process of adding something.
Since the project authors can never submit anything, many things will get
lost in the filters.

In fact, in 6 months of existence only you, Hans, and an other person
added entries. Does it means there's not much being done with Pd?

Anyway, if the only condition is not to be affiliated with a project, it's
very easy for 2 persons to agree: "you submit my project, I'll submit
yours". Wouldn't it be better to let everyone submit insteresting
material, and have a group of voluntaries/users filter out the material
that isn't interesting enough? Or a vote system like "let it stay" / "take
it out"?

João Pais