[PD] Where is the object reference documentation?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 7 11:55:08 CEST 2010

being the one who wrote that object list in floss, I can say that a
complete list doesn't exist - objects get added each day to svn, and
there's no "submission comitee" or any process that checks for the quality
of the documentation (or even the quality of the object).
if you're using pd-vanilla, all the objects will be in the pd-help patch
(click help on an empty canvas). if you're using pd-extended, the only way
to know is to search your extra and/or 5.reference folders (note: not all
developers submit help patches for their objects!).
probably you should be well served with the vanilla midi objects, but if
you do a text-search in the 5.reference folder for "midi", you should get
a good narrow down of midi-related objects (and all other objects that
have the word "midi" in their help patches...).

further than that, there's this list, and also the pd chat. If you're a
professional, your help and insight could be very useful for the pd
community, in case you want/can get involved. with this kind of projects,
if you don't like something, *you* can make it better to reach your
standards.

João Pais