[PD] Pd exhibition WAS: Google Summer of Code 2011 - exhibition submission

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 19:17:59 CEST 2010

On Jun 7, 2010, at 12:09 PM, João Pais wrote:

>> Then, of course, people should add more things to the exhibition.
>> Here's how:
>> http://puredata.info/docs/sitedocs/AddingToTheExhibition
>
> If you want material to be added to exhibition, I don't think the current submission process is a very effective one. One practical example: me and Servando Barreiro played on a 40min audiovisual laptop performance some weeks ago, with very good public reaction. But, I think there wasn't any "affiliated" pd user in the audience, or at least not any one that is involved in the "community". That means, this project will never make it to the exhibition, because it's gone now.
> Also, there are some local groups of people doing pd, but there aren't to my knowledge many activities of "pd groups" - and people who even know this page, or care enough to go through the process of adding something. Since the project authors can never submit anything, many things will get lost in the filters.

What submission process? I just added my project myself: https://puredata.info/Members/danomatika/robotcowboy/

You just create a new article and tag it for the Exhibitions section,

> In fact, in 6 months of existence only you, Hans, and an other person added entries. Does it means there's not much being done with Pd?

I think one problem is that the exhibitions section is just a bunch of links to the articles instead of images with short descriptions ala Processing: http://processing.org/exhibition/

Also, this content should be on the main page in icon form at least ...

> Anyway, if the only condition is not to be affiliated with a project, it's very easy for 2 persons to agree: "you submit my project, I'll submit yours". Wouldn't it be better to let everyone submit insteresting material, and have a group of voluntaries/users filter out the material that isn't interesting enough? Or a vote system like "let it stay" / "take it out"?

It isn't like this already?

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com