[PD] Automatically Rename an Abstraction?

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Tue Jun 8 17:33:55 CEST 2010

On 08/06/10 16:24, Ryan Trigg wrote:
> I'm am trying to figure out if there's a way to automatically rename a
> set of abstractions,  ie. I would want [abstraction 1], [abstraction 2],
> and [abstraction 3] to be renamed to [abstraction 11], [abstraction 12],
> and [abstraction 13] with just one click of the mouse.  This is because
> I want to open up a second instance of my patch without "cross
> contamination" of data.  Maybe there's a completely different way of
> going about this that I'm unaware of, any help would be appreciated.

If your patch used [abstraction $0-1] [abstraction $0-2] etc, there
would be no risk of conflicts (*).  But then maybe you could just use $0
inside the [abstraction] itself: $0 is a unique number for each loaded file.

http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/Pd_documentation/x2.htm#s6.5

(*) but note: 1 and $0 are numbers, while $0-1 is a symbol

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org