[PD] plugin~ external

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Tue Jun 8 21:23:34 CEST 2010

> the source code can be downloaded either via svn
> (https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals/plugin~)
> or as a tarball from:
> http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/plugin~.tar.gz?view=tar
>
> the build-system is scons based ("apt-get install scons"; and then run
> "scons" in the directory)

I downloaded the src from the svn
installed scons (thanks for mentioning this!)
and compiled the plugin~ external with no errors

some cursory observations using test patches I built yesterday -->

- the [print] message does not print control parameters to the pd window:
error: plugin~: no method for 'print'

- the [reset] message returns this error message in the pd window:
plugin~: Warning: Plug-in defines activate() method but no deactivate()
method

- sending the [info] and [listplugins] messages to [plugin~] make PdX
crash immediately

--
*my Linux audio perf config:*
Dell Studio 15 Core2 Duo 2.0GHz 3G-RAM