[PD] plugin~ external

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 9 09:27:03 CEST 2010

On 2010-06-08 21:23, Kim Cascone wrote:

>> the source code can be downloaded either via svn
>> (https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals/plugin~)
>>
>> or as a tarball from:
>> http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/plugin~.tar.gz?view=tar
>>

>> the build-system is scons based ("apt-get install scons"; and then run
>> "scons" in the directory)
>>

> I downloaded the src from the svn
> installed scons (thanks for mentioning this!)
> and compiled the plugin~ external with no errors
>
> some cursory observations using test patches I built yesterday -->
>
> - the [print] message does not print control parameters to the pd window:
> error: plugin~: no method for 'print'

in the code i had for fixing, there is indeed no "print" message (though
it is in the help-patch)

> - the [reset] message returns this error message in the pd window:
> plugin~: Warning: Plug-in defines activate() method but no deactivate()
> method

well, it seems the plugin you loaded defines an activate() method but no
deactivate() method :-)

i strongly believe, that both of the above were already in the original
[plugin~] (that is: i haven't changed anything here)

> - sending the [info] and [listplugins] messages to [plugin~] make PdX
> crash immediately

i'll look into that.

fgamsdr
IOhannes