[PD] plugin~ external

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 9 18:34:48 CEST 2010

On 2010-06-09 18:23, Kim Cascone wrote:
> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

>>> i'll look into that.
>>>

>> i couldn't reproduce this as described.
>> indeed i found a bug that would crash Pd, when a previously loaded
>> plugin was "used" after calling [listplugins(
>> (e.g. instantiate [plugin~ stereo_amp], call [listplugins( and then call
>> [info] -> kaboom!)
>>
> IOhannes
> I just built the latest src for plugin~
> I get the exact same behavior when sending down a [info] message
>
> instantiate [plugin~ amp], connect [noise~] to it, turn on dsp, send
> [info] to [plugin~], pdx crashes

hmm,
could you provide a test-patch?
are you sure you are using the updated version of plugin~? (it now
prints the name of the plugin when it loads).

try running it with from the console with "-stderr", and see what it
prints before dying.
try increasing the verbosity with "-verbose -verbose" (2 times)

> also, which version of PdX are you using?

i'm using Pd-vanilla 0.42-5

> I'm using
> Pd version 0.41-4extended

i have now tested it with PdX-0.42-5extended-rc1 and it works ok as well.

fgamksdr
IOhannes