[PD] plugin~ external

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Jun 9 20:38:32 CEST 2010

On Jun 9, 2010, at 12:34 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2010-06-09 18:23, Kim Cascone wrote:
>> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

>>> i couldn't reproduce this as described.
>>> indeed i found a bug that would crash Pd, when a previously loaded
>>> plugin was "used" after calling [listplugins(
>>> (e.g. instantiate [plugin~ stereo_amp], call [listplugins( and
>>> then call
>>> [info] -> kaboom!)
>>>
>> IOhannes
>> I just built the latest src for plugin~
>> I get the exact same behavior when sending down a [info] message
>>
>> instantiate [plugin~ amp], connect [noise~] to it, turn on dsp, send
>> [info] to [plugin~], pdx crashes
>
> hmm,
> could you provide a test-patch?
> are you sure you are using the updated version of plugin~? (it now
> prints the name of the plugin when it loads).
>
> try running it with from the console with "-stderr", and see what it
> prints before dying.
> try increasing the verbosity with "-verbose -verbose" (2 times)
>

>> also, which version of PdX are you using?
>
> i'm using Pd-vanilla 0.42-5
>
>> I'm using
>> Pd version 0.41-4extended
>
> i have now tested it with PdX-0.42-5extended-rc1 and it works ok as
> well.
>
> fgamksdr
> IOhannes

Just checked with Pd-extended 0.42.5-rc1 on Mac OS X 10.5.8/Intel
using 'ladspa-cmt' pacakge from Fink.  I get no crashes.  I do
randomly get this message: "error: plugin~: plugin not found".

If I convert all the 'print' messages to 'info', then I get the inlet/
outlet info from the left outlet.

scarcity."        -John Gilmore