[PD] Looking for a pedal controller

Ricardo Lameiro ricardolameiro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 21:56:17 CEST 2010

Yea, you are completely right, you will not need OSC, on puredata, but if
you want to use it with another platforms/software you will need to use
a different approach. One its Implement it with puredata as the middle man,
translating the arduino data into OSC compliant data. Another is
implementing some kind of networking on the arduino, either Wireless or
wired. To work with the ipad, or iphone, you would need to implement a
wireless (as WiFi) netwok adapter.
Also, people should remember that OSC is mostly a network driven protocol
contrary to MIDI that is a serial communication wired protocol, with
fixed messages (although it is possible to send midi messages over network
:D)