[PD] Building Pd-extended 64 bit OS X

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Jun 10 18:35:34 CEST 2010

Wow, you are an intrepid Pd user, wanting to get into the hard build
problems.  I haven't even made a build on 64-bit/10.6 yet.  Here are
some things off the top of my head:

- Gem won't build on 10.6/64-bit since some of the Carbon APIs are not
64-bit.  In packages/Makefile, you'll need to remove 'gem' from the
line that starts with 'all:' and "gem_install" from the line that
starts with "extended_install".

- you don't need all the stuff from Fink if you don't care about
having all of the libraries.  I'd just try running a build and seeing
where it dies.  Then in externals/Makefile, remove that library from
the TARGETS line.

.hc