[PD] mbrola for pd?

Bryan Jurish jurish at uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jun 10 21:42:56 CEST 2010

moin fp,

Also see Tim Redfern's [flite~] (threaded) at
http://eclectronics.org/publish/flite~/ and try [ratts] from
http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~moocow/projects/pd/ratts-0.08.tar.gz if
you want to make pd sound like your old Speak'n'Spell (oops, I'm dating
myself)...

I recently heard from Nicolas d'Alessandro, author (I think) of the
mbrola wrapper for max, who referred to himself as "maintainer of the
MBROLA for Max and Pd external".  You might check his web page
http://www.nicolasdalessandro.net/ for availability of the pd wrapper.
IIRC, any mbrola wrapper for pd will have to be a binary-only
distribution, since mbrola isn't available either as source or as a
dynamic library, but it's been a few years since I last looked into it,
so maybe things have changed in the meantime...

marmosets,
	Bryan

On 2010-06-10 16:59:26, fp <potaxpotax at gmail.com> appears to have written:

--
Bryan Jurish                       "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at uni-potsdam.de       -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology