[PD] plugin~ external

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Thu Jun 10 21:51:17 CEST 2010

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Jun 10, 2010, at 3:09 PM, Kim Cascone wrote:
>
>> IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

>>> the "paths" panel is mainly merely a graphical wrapper around the
>>> "-path" flag.
>>> e.g. "-path /path/to/lib1:/path2/lib2:/bla/blu"
>>>
>> true but doing this from a terminal will only add paths on a per
>> session basis
>> unless you open the 'paths' panel and click on Apply
>> is there a way to make this persistent from the console?
>>

>>> the "startup" panel is mainly merely a graphical wrapper around the
>>> "-lib" flag.
>>> e.g. "-lib Gem:zexy:iemguts"
>>>
>> ok thanks - will try adding one at a time and seeing which one causes
>> the [plugin~] crash
>> more later
>

> The one that causes plugin~ to crash is likely 'flatspace' since it
> includes the old, buggy version of plugin~.
yeah I already compiled the new [plugin~] and replaced the old one in
the /flatspace lib
so there is something else either in /flatspace or another lib causing
[plugin~] to crash when getting a [info] or [listplugins] message
but I'll isolate the new [plugin~] from the rest of the /flatspace and
see if that is true

> If you put the plugin~.pd_linux into your project folder, it will be
> loaded first.
by 'project folder' do you mean the '~/pd-externals' directory?