[PD] plugin~ external

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Fri Jun 11 02:49:52 CEST 2010

IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> On 06/10/2010 08:09 PM, Kim Cascone wrote:
>
>> IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

>>> the "paths" panel is mainly merely a graphical wrapper around the
>>> "-path" flag.
>>> e.g. "-path /path/to/lib1:/path2/lib2:/bla/blu"
>>>

>> true but doing this from a terminal will only add paths on a per session
>> basis
>>

> i thought this is what you were asking for with "is there a way on the
> command line to load only certain libs?"

yes, but I'm trying to understand your statement: 'the panel merely
being a wrapper around the -path flag'

unless I'm not understanding something
making these changes from the panel in Pd these settings are persistent
making them from the command line they are not

libs loaded gets written to the 'default.pdsettings' file
and is easier to make changes there
except PdX doesn't recognize '# comments'

but I found going root and physically moving them back in in nautilus
was easier
> we are talking about isolating a bug, aren't we?
>> unless you open the 'paths' panel and click on Apply
>> is there a way to make this persistent from the console?
>>

> use a shell-script.

a shell script would only work on a per session basis as well - no?