[PD] play mp3 file and create graphical front end interface

Adityo Pratomo quietdidit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 04:42:10 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I'm currently working with my sister for a project that will involve
creating a simple remix tool, in which a song will be played, and the user
can create additional sounds on top of that song, recording it and thus
create his/her own version of the song. I've done with the basic of the
tool, it's now operational. However, I have some questions:

1. Can I load an mp3 file? I use readsf~ and I think it can only read wav
and aiff file
2. Can we create a graphical front end using HTML? Or are we restricted to
GrIPD to create a more informative graphical front end? If so, can grIPD
work on Mac OSX, beacuse it's the OS that we're working in, and the GrIPD
website don't show any information of installing it in Mac OSX.

Many thanks for your help :)

Regards,

Didit

--