[PD] Possible to mask a rectangle with a rectangle using GEM?

Ryan Trigg ryan.trigg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 18:34:27 CEST 2010

I am trying to mask [rectangle] using GEM with another smaller [rectangle]
(that controls the first rectangle's alpha value wherever it is placed) in
order to create an adjustable rectangle outline (that has a border of my
desired thickness).  I noticed that you can choose [draw line( and [width
$1( for a rectangle but the maximum thickness of the line is much too small.
 Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Or maybe there's an object like [disk] (using 4 segments) but with the
ability to adjust the height and width just like [rectangle]

Cheers!

Ryan