[PD] plugin~ external

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Fri Jun 11 19:22:30 CEST 2010

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010, Kim Cascone wrote:
>
>> I'm assuming here that not all LADSPA plugs send info with parentheses?
>> so this would be a problem only for those plugs that send data with
>> parentheses ??
>
> yes, only if they use GridFlow's [print].
so there is a pd [print] and a GridFlow [print] object?

is there a way to use pd's [print] object instead of the GF one?

>> also, I also noticed that I can't use a number in the [print]
>> external in my current version of PdX that I'm working in without
>> causing the error: 'expected symbol' but in the latest version of PdX
>> I can use a number as well as a symbol in [print]
>
> ok, I'd like more info about this one, because I've never seen it and
> it sounds terrible. which versions of pd-extended and of gridflow ?
Pd version 0.41-4extended
GridFlow 9.9

I'm using an older version of PdX because I'm on Ubuntu 9.04 still
and unable to install the newest PdX due to dep issues
which I don't have time to chase down right now