[PD] plugin~ external

patko colet.patrice at free.fr
Sat Jun 12 17:50:54 CEST 2010

----- "Mathieu Bouchard" <matju at artengine.ca> a écrit :

> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010, patko wrote:
>
> > hmmm, in fact you are completely right, I wouldn't like that someone
>
> > overwrite my objects,
>
> Why don't you call it like it is. GridFlow overwrites a name entry in
> table. no class is really overwritten and no object is either. I
> didn't
> delete anyone's code. I didn't destroy anything in SVN.

 First thing, the other day you were complaining that someone posted a quote from you
without all informations, my sentence has been cropped after the comma, I was also saying that changing anything
in someone else's object would at least need a discussion about it, may be I missed it,
and apologize if it's the case.

 Even if it doesn't change the code, it changes the behavior,
it's completely like rewriting the object.

> > I also wouldn't like that this door closes as the code becomes more
> and
> > more cryptic, or unreadable, because of the use of too much
> elaborated
> > or just undocumented code, unless someone explains it, as fully as
> > possible.
>
> What are you trying to say, about which code, etc. ?
> What's « too much elaborated » ?

 In what you've explained before, it seems that the call of [print] object
involves mystic processes that wouldn't come to our attention
 if this discussion didn't happen.

 "Too much elaborated" would mean that it follow a kind of elitistic
way of doing things, like keeping a code undocumented, but in fact I was more thinking about
the build system when I wrote this sentence.

> > Seriously, pd is far from being a professional tool, it's
> educational,
> > always the same discussion...
>
> How much money do I have to make with it before it becomes a
> profession
> and a professional tool ? Do I have to wear a tie ?

 It's not about of money, it's about uses in a professionnal context,
most of pd users have choosen this tool because it's free and has a lot
of possibilities, but it doesn't offer quality and stability that a professionnal tool is supposed to have,
for me artistic activities is not in this context, or the art is dead.

Yoi ichi-nichi